Position Summary: The Meat Cutter is responsible for producing cuts of meat in the Meat Department, and ensuring all customers receive excellent customer service and high-quality products. The Meat Cutter works as part of a team, ensuring health and food safety compliance, and maintaining a clean, friendly, and efficient meat department for Niagara Produce customers and employees.
Successful Meat Cutters are communicators and potential leaders. They act with integrity and serve customers with the utmost respect. They are confident and cool under pressure and driven to succeed. They take the initiative to learn, grow, and drive change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as part of a team producing cuts of meat in the Meat Department
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner
- Must have common knowledge of meat products, items, and cuts
- Must know how to safely use knife, slicer, grinder and other applicable machinery
- Work with management as required
- Must have weekend availability
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Basic computer and math skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude with a focus on customer service
- Flexible schedules
- Health care contributions
- Paid vacation
- Merit-based bonus potential
This job is full time, with flexible hours. Salary commensurate with experience. Available at both locations - Niagara County Produce at 8555 Transit Rd. East Amherst NY, and Niagara Produce of Lockport at 112 Chestnut St. Lockport NY.
Please come into the store to apply, or fill out the form below.