Recipe of the Month - August!
Wednesday, August 1st, 2012
Recipe of the Month
This recipe from allrecipes.com
Red, White, and Blue-Misu
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 5 cups strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (4 ounce) bar dark chocolate
Niagara Produce Tip:
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold mascarpone gently into the whipped cream.
- Blend half of strawberries until smooth. Return to bowl with blueberries and whole strawberries.
- Layer 1/3 of angel food cake cubes in the bottom of serving dish. Cover with berry mix. Spoon 1/3 of cream mix over fruit. Repeat two more times. Chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, run a vegetable peeler over edge of chocolate bar. Let curls fall on top of dessert.
Peaches, mangoes and raspberries are also in season in August. Mix in additional fruit to suit your own preference.
To see a flickr album following these instructions, click here!