Stuffed Banana Peppers
We have homegrown banana peppers, and they are perfect for stuffing!
1lb hot Italian sausage, roasted and chopped up
4 banana peppers
1/2 cup Romano cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 large egg
1 cup marinara sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix sausage, cheese, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and egg, together in a mixing bowl.
- Make a slice around the top of the banana pepper, and pull top and seeds away from the pepper.
- Stuff cheese mixture into peppers.
- Heat a pan and fry peppers on each side until browned.
- Put marinara sauce on each plate and place a cooked banana pepper on top.
And that’s it, enjoy!